I think these little ducks are a "quack up"......so so cute!!!
- Foam sheet (whatever colour)
- Marker texta
- Googly eyes x2
- PVA glue
- Hot glue gun
- Large (eg: 10cm) polystyrene ball
- Medium size polystyrene ball
- Small polystrene ball
1. Cut the small ball in half
2. Use hot glue gun to stick them to the bottom of the large polystyrene ball. Flat part of ball should be used for stability (don't want no falling duck) so glue rounded edge to large ball.
3. Using sheet of foam cut out 2 duck feet. I laid one piece on top of each other and cut the scalloped edge. Round out the back of foot as appropriate. Glue to bottom of each small 1/2 ball.
4. Cut a large oval out of the foam sheet that can be folded in the middle to create a beak.5. Add a line of hot glue, off centre, fold together and create a bit of a ridge.
6. Add 2 dots with marker texta for nostrils.
7. Use a pair of scissors to score a line in the middle size ball (this is optional as you could glue it directly without scoring). My line was pretty rough but you get the idea. Now use hot glue to stick your beak into the groove.
8. Glue on the head to the larger ball. Attach the googly eyes to the head using hot glue or PVA.
9. Now go nuts with the feathers. You can see that my kids have had fun with the those!
The only thing left to do now is give them a name...... in this case maybe Huey, Duey and Louie?