It's been a long time since I last blogged. You might think that it's because we haven't done any craft.............. gosh that would be terrible!!!............Thank goodness it's not so. You will be happy to know that my kids have not missed out. I just haven't had the time to photograph and blog about it. So I'm very sorry about that. These little craft gardens were so special I made some time to add them. They aren't step by step but I think you will get the idea. Enjoy xxx
To start them off we gathered paper plates, air drying modelling clay and green tissue paper.
- Roll up some modelling clay and flatten it out a little and add it to a section of the paper plate. How much you need will be dependant on what needs to "stand up".
- Add some PVA below and over the modelling clay and include the rest of the paper plate. Use the sheet of tissue paper All over the top of the plate and modelling clay. This we be the grass and the base of the garden.
From there it's really up to you what you want to add. Here are some ideas:
- Pipecleaners through buttons make great flowers.
- Stickers can make a great path
- Cut out shapes for trees and pond out of coloured paper. Stick a twig or icypole type stick onto the back of the tree shapes
- Add some stickers/split peas/rolled up crepe paper to the trees for colour
- Modelling clay can make some great little ducks and small buttons can be beaks.
- Button furniture
- Icypole sticks or matchsticks for fences
The sky is the limit!! My kids are 3 and 5 and they loved making them. You will too!!!