Saturday, July 10, 2010

Cake Decorating 2nd Birthday

Although these aren't really kids crafts I was happy enough (lumps and bumps included) with my first attempt at it so I thought I would share. My twin boys are turning 2 tomorrow and here are two different cakes to celebrate their birthday. One to be had with the family and the other with mothers and children.

They are full of flaws...not smooth, straight, round etc but my kids wont care. The top cake is a fondant cake. Whilst the other is a cake pop type cake.

Inspiration for the cake pops "Cupcake" cakes were from these 2 sites. I've included a link to a Martha Stewart site where the lady from bakerella was featured. See links.
This is a close up of one of the cake pops. Hopefully it's a bit clearer. It is quite a detailed but not difficult process. See the links above for step by step instructions.

And there you have it. Another birthday over for the year! Enjoy my lovely little guys. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment